North Carolina – My First Visit
This past weekend was filled with fun and family in Charlotte, North Carolina. Why do the weekends speed by so quickly? This trip was a special one- not only because Josh’s cousin Jonathan was getting married- but because I got to meet a lot of Josh’s family for the first time.
When I’ve mentioned to friends that I haven’t met Josh’s mom or daughter yet, they’ve looked at me like I’m crazy. What they don’t realize is: When your family is spread so far apart like mine and Josh’s, it’s super difficult (and expensive) traveling to all of these places in one year – six states to be exact! So, the wedding was a perfect time to get together with family and friends. We had such a great time, and I can’t wait to go back. Noted: I’m marrying into one awesome family!
Here’s some takeaways followed by some photos of the trip:
- Avery makes a mean breakfast… For dinner.
- It takes forever to get anywhere in Charlotte.
- I really am a baby when it comes to the slightest bit of cold weather.
- Josh always wins at bowling, and it is super annoying.
- I now wish there was a Chipotle in Hammond (Aves makes it smell delicious. Yes, you read that right.).
- My future mother-in-law is the sweetest mother-in-law ever.
- There is such a thing as Jalapeño beer (www.birdsongbrewing.com), and you should try it.
- Two days isn’t long enough to come visit.
We’ll be back soon!